Mission Appeal for the Diocese of Morogoro, Tanzania
Fr. Andrew Alphonce Kunambi from the Catholic Diocese of Morogoro Tanzania East Africa will be joining us August 12 and 13. He will share the Church’s challenges in evangelizing and re-evangelizing work in Morogoro Tanzania, a diocese established in 1868 with a population of more than 3 million people.
In this Diocese, the Pastors celebrate Sunday masses at the main parishes, and they go to celebrate masses at the missions on foot or by bike. Christians walk about 5-10 miles to participate in the Eucharistic celebration on Sundays.
CRUCIAL AREAS OF CONCERN
- Economic support and adoption of seminarians in their formation process.
- Support and empower the Agents of Evangelization with education and equipment.
- The need for sufficient chapels/oratories for divine worship at the missions: Masses are being celebrated, instead, in the open air/under a big tree or in a classroom.
- Renovation of old buildings of our seminary, schools, and chapels.
- Poor condition of hospitals and dispensaries; Difficult delivery of women and high mortality of children.
- Care and education of the Orphans and children in special need.
“How will people know about the presence of God if there is no one to preach to them? You can help our diocese widen our missionary work. We must sail in the boat with Jesus to calm down all the winds and doubts in our journey of faith”. Fr. Andrew