Whoever believes in me will do the works I do, and will do greater ones than these.
“Scrubbing the pan in which Sunday’s pot roast was roasted, getting your children to and from school, doctors appointments, rehearsals and practices, and managing the family finances are hardly inspiring, exhilarating experiences,” says Father Jerry in today’s homily, “But they are holy acts. The details of being a parent, cleaning, teaching, driving to and picking up, paying tuition, guiding, counseling, feeding, and clothing, take on a spiritual character when they are part of the work of transforming a child into a sacred, thoughtful and engaged adult.”
Hear Father’s full message in today’s video above. And feel free to share it with a parent you love.
The month of May includes special devotions organized on each day throughout the month, to honor the Blessed Virgin, Mother of God.
- Join us at All Hallows on May 3rd for our Communal Prayer at 7 p.m. in the church. We will pray the Rosary for the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Participate in daily recitation of the Rosary
- Erect a special May altar or “prayer corner” in your home, with a statue or picture of Mary — you are welcome to print this photo
- Crown a statue of Mary at your home during May – participate in the “May Crowning” by making a crown using beautiful materials from around your home
- Create a Mary Garden in your Landscape using these great ideas for inspiration.